• Orlando, FL
Votes |
One step closer to investing

Robert Kirkley
  • Wholesaler
  • Orlando, FL
Posted Jul 28 2019, 13:45

Hey everyone!

I have been spending a lot of time researching the forums and listening to podcasts on BP, however, lately I was finding it difficult to decide where exactly to start on the financing side of things.  After continuing to listen to the Money podcast, I found myself on the MMM blog and have been hooked ever since!  This weekend I went ahead and paid off all of my credit card debt, and any other debt I had not including what I still owe on my car.  I will continue to pay that down until I am free of any debt, at which point I will start to save for my first property.  I am also looking for other work outside of my full time job to stash away some extra cash.  

After reading some of the MMM blog, I also purchased a personal hair cutter, which I may be more excited about than I should be.  Not only will I be saving about 3 times as much as it cost per year, but now I don't have to go when it is convenient and spend 30 minutes driving to a Great Clips for a 5 minute haircut.  

Do you all have any other little tips and tricks to help out someone in my shoes who is trying to increase their savings rate for investing purposes?  I would love to hear all of the ideas you guys have!

Loading replies...