Skip to content
General Landlording & Rental Properties

User Stats

Votes

Issue with Lead testing failing twice in my rehab property

Posted Nov 19 2022, 18:30

Hi Guys,

I have a rental property in Norristown PA which is almost done with the rehab. But the county requires lead testing as a primary requirement to get UNO. I stupidly did not fully paint the property due to advice of a gc. Once my lead testing failed the first time, I was told to just paint the windows sills and wipe the floor. Still, the property failed the lead test again and I am now clueless. I am thinking of completely repainting my house and doing a professional cleaning on the property. I am still worried about the outcome of this. Any advice on how you guys managed your lead testing in your rehabs and any good professional lead testers around Philly or Norristown area?

Thanks

Buyan

User Stats

Votes
Nathan Gesner
  • Real Estate Broker
  • Cody, WY
Votes |
  • Real Estate Broker
  • Cody, WY
ModeratorReplied Nov 20 2022, 05:48
Quote from @Buyan Thyagarajan:

If your market requires you to test and maintain a certificate, I would bite the bullet. Get the lead out and be done with it.

• Property Manager Wyoming (#12599)

American West Realty & Management Logo

User Stats

Votes
Bob Stevens
Pro Member
#2 General Landlording & Rental Properties Contributor
  • Real Estate Consultant
  • Cleveland
Votes |
Pro Member
#2 General Landlording & Rental Properties Contributor
  • Real Estate Consultant
  • Cleveland
Replied Nov 20 2022, 10:09

This is just another reason not to go it alone. You need to hire a PM co ASAP before you go through hell. I have seen it before. If the BOH gets involved, prepare to spend 10s of thousands,,,, Hire a PM co there TOMORROW, Sorry I do not know anyone there, 

BiggerPockets logo
BiggerPockets
|
Sponsored
Find an investor-friendly agent in your market TODAY Get matched with our network of trusted, local, investor friendly agents in under 2 minutes