I have a 4 unit and one tenant continues to store items in the common hallways. Now the tenant has placed a table and chairs in the middle of the lawn. The lawn is small, so there's nowhere else to put it, and I have already provided a table and chairs in an area out of the way. This tenant's table is causing issues with the landscapers. Does anyone have a clause about no items can be stored in common areas, and when they will be fined and removed?
I have a 4 unit and one tenant continues to store items in the common hallways. Now the tenant has placed a table and chairs in the middle of the lawn. The lawn is small, so there's nowhere else to put it, and I have already provided a table and chairs in an area out of the way. This tenant's table is causing issues with the landscapers. Does anyone have a clause about no items can be stored in common areas, and when they will be fined and removed?
1. This should be written in your lease and posted on the wall of the common area so Tenants can't claim ignorance.
2. Written warning that includes a demand to clean it up within X hours. Follow up with an inspection for compliance.
3. If they do it a second time, I will send them Notice of Termination for violating the lease.
I have a 4 unit and one tenant continues to store items in the common hallways. Now the tenant has placed a table and chairs in the middle of the lawn. The lawn is small, so there's nowhere else to put it, and I have already provided a table and chairs in an area out of the way. This tenant's table is causing issues with the landscapers. Does anyone have a clause about no items can be stored in common areas, and when they will be fined and removed?
1. This should be written in your lease and posted on the wall of the common area so Tenants can't claim ignorance.
2. Written warning that includes a demand to clean it up within X hours. Follow up with an inspection for compliance.
3. If they do it a second time, I will send them Notice of Termination for violating the lease.
HI Nate, this is good advice, but I'm wondering if there is a clause that will cover this. For example, no times in storage areas. After notification, tenant has 7 days to remove, or it's xx$ amount per day, and after 30 days it's considered abandoned.
COMMON AREAS. No personal belongings or obstructions shall be placed in the halls or other common areas or passageways. Tenant shall not hang laundry, sheets, signs, flags, or other articles from any window, rail, porch, door or balcony without prior written approval of Landlord. Holiday decorations shall be tasteful and displayed in a manner that does not interfere with the use of the Premises or cause a safety hazard. Holiday decorations shall be removed no later than ten (10) days after the holiday.
Instead of listing a fine along with every clause, I have a default clause that says Tenant will be charged $X for each lease violation served.