Pro Member
Votes |
HOA - Unwarranted Charges

George Zev
Pro Member
Posted May 2 2024, 10:31

Hello BP Community, 

I own a LTR in Colorado Springs 

My HOA community is a bit overbearing. Multiple notices have been cited that I have already resolved, the most recent on the other hand, to me seems a bit out of line- I as a homeowner, chose the turf I wanted both in looks and cost efficiency for a large front lot close to 3k sq ft of front yard. They came back saying it needs to be approved (which is fine) but now also want to potentially charge $6k for a portion of the lot that is owned by the community to install rocks/gravel.

My question(s) to you all:

1) Is this out of line? Turf approval via special meeting with the board  I can understand, but a community decision that will then charge ME? How does that make sense? 

2) If I neglect fees/charges/this out of line $6k charge what happens? I still plan on paying the monthly HOA required payment but I am not intending to pay thousands I had no decision-making power on. And begs the question "What do you really own?"

My plan is to continue to operate the LTR, get approvals for my already initiated project one way or another from the board/or not since I've already put in a fair amount of money for turf/installation, and respectfully decline this additional potential $6k charge. 

What are your thoughts?

Loading replies...