• New York, NY
Votes |
Tenant Issues/ Evictions

Anthony G.
  • Investor
  • New York, NY
Posted Mar 9 2014, 15:05

Hello BP

I have a tenant situation that has just start developing in the last 24 Hours...

The property is a four family located in New York City. I Have a great tenant that has occupied the property for nine years which is two years before I even purchased the property, she always pays the rent on time, and the repairs I've had to do to the apartment have been minimal, but she has a roommate that she is no longer getting along with and she would like to move her boyfriend into the apartment, but her roommate doesn't want to vacate voluntarily. The roommate has been current on his rent and seems like a nice enough guy except for a couple of disturbances to the other tenants in the building with loud music and excessive noise, nowhere enough for me to want to kick him out myself. Even though he is not on the rental agreement I know he has rights as a tenant. Personally I'm indifferent to the situation as much as I like my original tenant, I don't care who occupies the apartment as long as they are financially capable to pay the rent and doesn't destroy the apartment. Basically my original tenant has stated that if she doesn't leave peacefully and some legal actions must be taken in the courts she is going to vacate the apartment and leave the problem on my hands. I'm not a Social worker or a mediator. I just need to know what I should do if anything to protect my investment.

What is The most prudent thing I can do to protect my own interest? All rents are up to date, I just want to be proactive about the situation, if a bigger problem is on the horizon, I would like to keep the damage to a minimum and neutralize the situation as fast as possible.

Thanks in advance....

Anthony Giaconia

Loading replies...