Referral incentives

6 Replies

Does anyone offer any incentives for referrals for their rentals? What do you offer? Cash? Gift card?

I personally dont as I have way more demand for rentals then I know what to do with.

I did live in an apartment for 1 year back in the day. They offered $300 of 1 months rents. I got a buddy to live in my building and got the discount.

Sounds like a good idea. If I was to do it would be gift card to track for write-offs. There would have to be stipulations, like that persons referral signs a lease. I wouldn't want to get stuck paying for refereals for ones that don't pay out.

@Arthur Banks

I also do not offer an incentive. I really think it depends on your occupancy rate and how hard it is to fill your place.

My last multi-family company I worked for offered $300 if the person signed the lease.

I'll test the market first. Good point.

We give them 50% of one month of rent.

50%?! Wow, (calculating... 1100 +, carry the 1, subtract, then add... :) Must be nice. That would be $550 in my case. Yeah, no, won't be doing that.

Create Lasting Wealth Through Real Estate

Join the millions of people achieving financial freedom through the power of real estate investing

Start here