Votes
Pedro Machin
  • INDIAN HARBOUR BEACH, FL
Votes |
Multiple LLC and Trust Tree Business Structure

Pedro Machin
  • INDIAN HARBOUR BEACH, FL
Posted Apr 11 2014, 13:49

Hi everyone! Forgive me if these questions are already out there, but couldn't find them after some searching. I have a few rentals that are already listed under one LLC.

1. Given that my LLC would then be listed as the previous owner for all properties, would it be beneficial to transfer them individually to land trusts? I don't know how much added privacy this would add for existing properties.

2. If the current LLC becomes the beneficiary of new properties each under land trusts, would it behoove me to split the main LLC in two for tax purposes? I assume the two LLC's might be in a lower tax bracket than the current all-encompassing one.

3. Would a single LLC beneficiary per land trust be the maximum security scenario? I would assume that this is untenable and many land trust to a given LLC makes more sense.

4. That being said, why would anyone make a large holding LLC that holds the sub LLC's within it as a holding LLC? Would this not defeat any tax benefits of splitting LLC's as well as potentially increasing liability by tying the properties together under one legal entity?

Thanks in advance!

Loading replies...