HVAC Recommendations in Cincinnati

4 Replies

Can anyone recommend a good HVAC contractor in Cincinnati. I just got a quote, it wasn't horrible but I still think its high. Looking for any help, I like to work with licensed people so I can be sure they provide quality work. Thanks!

Quote came in as follows.

I propose to furnish and install one (1) Gibson, 2 ½ -ton, air conditioning unit with

30,000 B.T.U.’s of cooling capacity. This air conditioner will run on environmentally friendly 410A freon.

I found it online~$800 + I am thinking worse case scenario 8 man hours to install at $100/hour + $200 to charge the system. Quote was for 4100, I'm thinking it should be 2k max Am i missing something? I've had furnace and ac put in for 4200 but my old HVAC guy isn't doing work anymore and he suggested this guy. Not impressed so far.

@Chad Meyer

Just the condensing unit? Or line set and a-coil as well?

If just the condensing unit you should be able to get a decent 2.5 Ton unit for $1,500 installed. For line set...$300 give or take depending on the run. For a-coil you could add another $500. It does depend on the type of unit however a good investor friendly HVAC contractor should be able to provide you those prices.

Try Corcorn and Harnist...one of my good friend's family owns the place and although they do a lot of retail residential I think their prices are good.

I'll Check them out. Thanks!

Join the Largest Real Estate Investing Community

Basic membership is free, forever.

By signing up, you indicate that you agree to the BiggerPockets Terms & Conditions.