Votes
Bruce L.
  • Nevada
Votes |
Tenant is Shopping Around

Bruce L.
  • Nevada
Posted Jun 16 2014, 11:07

So my tenant is on a month to month lease and has been with me for 14 months now. Decent tenant, was only late once and paid the next day as he forgot when the 1st of the month was. When he moves out, I will have to replace the carpet and do some minor repairs to get the property ready.

So, the other day he text me to confirm that he needs to give me a 30 day notice when he's ready to move out, so I figure he's shopping around. Well school starts back up in late August here in Las Vegas.

My question to you guys is should I apply pressure to him by giving him a 30 day notice to move out? Once school starts, it might be a bit harder to find a tenant. My property is within walking distant of a really good high school here.

My price is very competitive right now, you could get something nicer for $100 more, but would be further away from everything. My tenants wife works right around the corner and the property is not in a HOA, so my tenant can park his boat on the drive way. He is on a tight budget, and I think it would be hard to him to find a better deal, but who knows, he may be able to.

Loading replies...