Recommendation for a good team (boots on the ground) in Cincinnati, OH

Recommendation for a good team (boots on the ground) in Cincinnati, OH

Real Estate Investor · Hermosa Beach, CA · Member since 2014 · 11 posts · 4 votes

Hi after a couple months of research, I have decided to look at investing in Cincinnati, OH as one of my markets. Who can recommend a good team here:

  1. Real Estate Agent
  2. Property Manager
  3. Licensed and Bonded Contractor that can inspect, install, do repairs (general contractor, pluming, heating/cooling hvac, electrical, locksmith, etc, cleaning, etc)
  4. Insurance Agent

BTW, I am flying to Cincinnati this weekend and will be there Monday 6/23 and would like to meet and talk to you to gain your insight.

Thanks for your feedback in advance.

Krysti

0Reply
32 views

15 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • rosemead, CA · Member since 2014 · 57 posts · 6 votes
    12y

    @Krysti Sam  if you find a good team, let me know also too.  I'm planing to invest in that area too. 

    Thank you in advance

    Jason.

  • Mason, OH · Member since 2014 · 15 posts · 7 votes
    12y

    That would be helpful information for those of us who are local and new to investing, as well!  Thanks!

    Renee

  • Rental Property Investor · Cincinnati, OH · Member since 2013 · 292 posts · 280 votes
    12y

    Krysti,

       FYI, if you fly to Columbus Ohio or to Indianapolis Indiana on Southwest Airlines from LAX, you can save probably half in airfare as opposed to flying into Cincinnati.

       If you have to rent a car anyway, then you might as well rent it in Columbus or Indianapolis and drive the hour and a half to Cincinnati. Heck, you should probably check out the rental markets in Columbus and Indianapolis anyway, while you are in the region...

    DL Martin

    p.s. Google "highest airfare in US Cincinnati" and you will see what I mean...

  • Canal Winchester, OH · Member since 2014 · 151 posts · 55 votes
    12y

    Krysti, I am unsure of all the ups and downs in cinci but if you come to the columbus market i can gladly give you a lot of those names and professionals to talk to. 

  • Mike D'ArrigoPro Member
    Turn key provider · San Jose, CA · Member since 2010 · 4k+ posts · 3k+ votes
    12y

    Originally posted by @DL Martin

    " If you have to rent a car anyway, then you might as well rent it in Columbus or Indianapolis and drive the hour and a half to Cincinnati"

    Just don't rent it at the Indianapolis airport. They hit you with a 30% airport surcharge.

  • Real Estate Professional · San Francisco-East bay, CA · Member since 2013 · 340 posts · 50 votes
    12y

    Hi Folks,

    For those all of you looking to invest near Cinci, network with folks from citi-bank. It is moving its operations to Dallas region and many employees may sell and move. Obviously it being good new area, Mason and around, you may not get a wholesale deal, but properties may be new and for someone who want to buy and hold, may be a good option. If property is new, I suppose less maintenance and good for out of state investors. Am looking there too and have made inroads into folks with some employees who share their network news :).

    Thanks,

    ND.

  • rosemead, CA · Member since 2014 · 57 posts · 6 votes
    12y

    @DL Martin - Thank you

    @Mike D'Arrigo - Thank you

    @Naveen Desai - Thank you. Do you have any luck?

  • Real Estate Investor · Hermosa Beach, CA · Member since 2014 · 11 posts · 4 votes
    12y

    thanks for the tips! I'll get in contact w Citibank

  • Investor · Indianapolis, IN · Member since 2014 · 69 posts · 17 votes
    12y

    I have some real estate agents you might want to reach out to.

    Billy Rumsey and Ken Maddin.  You can find them easily using Google.

    I have great connections on the southwest side of the city. If you are looking in that area let me know.

  • Investor · Indianapolis, IN · Member since 2014 · 69 posts · 17 votes
    12y

    I have a great contractor for any roof repairs you might need. He also might be able to connect you to other contractors you might need.

  • Real Estate Investor · Hermosa Beach, CA · Member since 2014 · 11 posts · 4 votes
    12y
    Awesome Adam Kent ! Thanks for the referrals.
  • Real Estate Professional · San Francisco-East bay, CA · Member since 2013 · 340 posts · 50 votes
    11y

    Back to this conversation after a long time. I am in Cincinnati now, and looking around. Let me know if any of you come across any deals. 

    Thanks, 

    ND. 

  • Investor · Spokane, WA · Member since 2014 · 733 posts · 155 votes
    11y

    @Krysti Sam , did you get an answer on your search for a great property management company, realtor, & contractor?  I am searching for the same answer...

  • Flipper/Rehabber · Mason, OH · Member since 2016 · 37 posts · 8 votes
    10y

    May I recommend my realtors, The Fightmaster Group, with Comey & Shepherd Realtors? I have known Bonnie, James, and Jenny for almost 30 years and have used them for the purchases of two of my personal residences. I am now using them in my business. They specialize in distressed properties, HUD repos, and others. Unfortunately, the forum won't let me post their contact information.

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.