Printer/Scanner - Suggestions?

6 Replies

This is going to sound like a ridiculous request but nonetheless I am asking for your help.

I have had it with my printer/scanner it is terrible and the one before that was terrible and so on. I am looking for something I can use that actually works while I am focusing on getting my investing career off the ground. One of the main things that I am looking for in a scanner/copier is something that can effectively scan multi-page documents like leases/P&S agreements, etc. Currently, the one I have is slow and it can't handle anything over 3 pages..

Any recommendations out ther?

Thanks.

If you want something of quality, spend the money.  Get a quality machine.

I use a scanning app on my smartphone called CamScanner.  Brandon Turner also mentioned one in his list of apps for landlords.

I use a Fuijitsu  ScanSnap S1500.  It does about 1 pg/sec scanning both sides.  Fast, quiet but not cheap.  I think I paid about $400 for mine.  To date I scanned leases, refi escrow packages, tax returns, receipts etc.  I scan to pdf and only occasionally OCR the pdf to make it searchable.  I'm aiming for reduced paper storage.

I use this app that is straight on my iPhone.
It digitizes any paper documents and saves me so much time. Get it here: http://camscanner.com/rf/?640341042

I have one of the low end Brother multi function printers for my home office. I think it cost me a little over $200 about a year ago. I've been happy with it. It can print double sided, copy, scan, and probably also fax. The wireless connection is nice too. All the basics - none of the frills. I generally find that these machines will hold up pretty well if cared for and kept away from dust. But after about 5 years you're going to want a new one, once it starts jamming up frequently. The toner cartridges are the real killer money wise, so I try to print at the office whenever possible, especially big jobs.

I used to mess with the scanning apps on my phone before getting this machine but they were way too cumbersome for multi page documents and the quality often was poor. A real scanner is the way to go.

Why not to try for Brother, HP, Canon. They are really nice printer. Even you can get 3 in 1. Like- Copier, Scanner and Printer at the same time.

If you can't get one that's a laser printer, get standalone's. I refuse to use ridiculously wasteful and expensive inkjets anymore.  I have an inexpensive and utterly dependable HP mono laser at least a decade old, and a Brother flatbed/sheetfed all-in-one that I only use as a scanner, I inherited it from my mom after my longtime scanner was not supported by Win10. On the rare occasion I use the sheetfeeder, it seems to work fine.

Create Lasting Wealth Through Real Estate

Join the millions of people achieving financial freedom through the power of real estate investing

Start here