Showing Agents for Rental Properties

2 Replies

The topic of hiring a showing agent for rentals came up on one of the podcasts and it is something I do not hear talked about a lot in the forums.  

Some basic questions U have regarding this topic:

• As a rental property owner or property manager how much would you pay an agent per showing to show your rental and save you a lot of time in the process?
  • Is their anyone who has hired a showing agent?  How much did you pay them?  How did it go?
  • Anyone out there work as a showing agent?  How much did you get paid per showing? Was it a good experience.

I am not referring to rental agents, just someone who shows the unit after the potential tenant is pre-screened by the owner.  I look at this as a way for the rental property owner to save a bunch of time and this could work quite well for everyone involved in areas where rentals are in demand.

I don't think I will pay per showing, generally I bundle several prospects on close timeslots so I don't go there every hour. I prefer to have open house and have all of them some within 2-3 hours. Then I prefer to pay the rental agent for his hourly time to be there OR pay him/her 50% of the 1 month rent upon leasing. Since you mentioned it's a high demand rental area, probably paying by the hour is better than 50%.

In high demand rental areas I see 20-30 apps on one house that pour in less than 1 week. I'm sure I don't want to pay per showing bur rather per hour for that person to be there and babysit the property.

1 months rent is the going rate in my area.

Join the Largest Real Estate Investing Community

Basic membership is free, forever.

By signing up, you indicate that you agree to the BiggerPockets Terms & Conditions.