Skip to content
General Landlording & Rental Properties

User Stats

Votes
Ryan Dossey
  • Real Estate Broker
  • Indianapolis, IN
Votes |
Tenant is wanting to replace things in the house.

Ryan Dossey
  • Real Estate Broker
  • Indianapolis, IN
Posted Jan 15 2015, 06:55

I have a tenant who has just moved in. Her application was great, work history was great, and she is a single gal with no pets or kids. She is looking to stay somewhere for years as she is sick of moving... Awesome! However....

There is an old alarm system that she wants made functional. It is not powering on and looks to consist of 2 motion detectors only. What would you do here? Make her eat the bill if she wants it? 

The fridge isn't the prettiest of things but is definitely functional. She said it "has to go" and wants to buy a new fridge. She wants to know what I want to do with the old one. Put it in storage for when she moves out and takes her fridge with her, lower the rent to compensate her for the cost of the fridge if she leaves it, or buy a new one and pass the cost onto her in the form of a rent increase. 

She is recently divorced. I am just hoping once we get these few "issues" addressed she stays happily and quietly. While I think she is being a bit demanding I also don't think she is being ridiculous yet. I just want to make sure it doesn't get carried away. 

Loading replies...