Toledo or Cleveland which is a better market for investing in Duplexes?

8 Replies

Hey everyone my name is Mike, and i'm new to this site!

I'm from California and am looking to invest in rental properties in Ohio. i've heard a lot of good things about returns in Cleveland and Toledo and was wondering if anybody could help me find a realtor and property manager in these areas and what the investment climate was like there.

@Mike Lee  

Welcome!  I can't speak to Toledo but in terms of Cleveland the brokerages, Howard hannah, Remax, etc almost all do property management.  Then you will find quite a few smaller companies as well.  PM is very important especially if your looking to buy lower priced properties.  

Feel free to reach out if you like, I would be happy to share with you what I am seeing investors doing in the Cleveland area.  

@Mike Lee  Send me a message and we can talk a little more about the Cleveland Duplex/ Multi family market. I currently work with a few investors that buy multi's in the area. I can provide you with a few prop managers I have worked with in the past. We just listed a Tri a few months ago that looks to be cash flowing well. Let me know what I can do for you!

Mike there are plenty great realtors in PB that can help you. If you need more connections there send me an private message I get you more name and numbers you can call them.

@Mike Lee  while I haven't personally had dealing with @James Wise  (yet) having him on your team would seal the deal for me, having talked to him and seeing his reviews he is well respected and for a PM that's kinda crazy, as a experienced person talking to him he has my respect. Your PM will make or break you in any market, just saying. 

BTW Welcome to BP!

Hi, I manage about 800 rental properties in Toledo. While I cannot speak about Cleveland, I can tell you we do not have point of rental. Point of rental is  local legislation that requires government permits before  you can rent the house. I have heard areas of Cleveland may have them. Investigate before you invest..good luck

Join the Largest Real Estate Investing Community

Basic membership is free, forever.