Skip to content
General Landlording & Rental Properties

User Stats

Votes
Mark Bradford
  • Property Manager
  • Greentown, IN
Votes |
" Corapate Rental" ?? Is that what I or You would call it?

Mark Bradford
  • Property Manager
  • Greentown, IN
Posted Jan 27 2015, 10:53

So quick background story........

A Business comes into town and buys another location to add to their business. This new location is in my small town USA. When they buy a new location they also rent a house in town close by for 2-4 workers to live in. So the company is paying the rent and the utilities. SO is this called a Corprate rental? Also would you rent to  them? The unit is the upstairs of a duplex. This is a 2 bedroom with rent at $575/ month plus utilities. The building is a great partial remodeled close to a small downtown area.

Couple concerns I have:

Who will live there. It could change from day to day. But with this group I don't think the change will happen all the time.  Maybe when they move a group of works from on location to another. But how do I track it? How do I do my background checks?

One reference says he has rented to this group for 4 years and 12 checks are ready at a local gas station on January 1st and you just cash one each month! Maintenance calls are few and neighbors have never complained!  

This is just not a normal for my management style.  So I think we are just nervous? Any advice or does anyone else do this style of renting?

Loading replies...