Votes
Ian Ian
  • Ashland, OR
Votes |
Tenant Not Signing Lease & Lead Paint Disclosure

Ian Ian
  • Ashland, OR
Posted May 13 2015, 20:20

Hi there, I rent rooms out in my house which I also live in.

I recently had a new tenant move in as of April 28th.

When tenants move in I usually have them sign a month-to-month lease right away or if not [conflicting schedules or me forgetting] then I post date the lease to day of move in or start of month and we sign.

As my newest tenant keeps to himself a lot or is often out and I have been pretty busy I posted the lease and lead disclosure to his door with a note asking him to please review and sign it and talk to me if he had any questions or concerns.

My problem is that it is now the 13th of May and the lease is still taped to his door and I have reminded him casually twice and in a more serious tone once that "I really need him to get the lease back to me."

This man is in his 40s so I don't think there is any excuse for it not being done or him not understanding that he has to sign it.

At what point do I start running into problems such as him automatically getting rights for having been living her a certain amount of time?

At what point should I just give him some kind of notice to vacate or do I even need to as he hasn't signed a lease? 

What do I need to be doing or thinking about in this situation?

I looked around a bit online but I couldn't find any information on this topic.

Thanks - ian

Loading replies...