Votes
Josh L.
  • Huntington Beach, CA
Votes |
Screening Service Dog?

Josh L.
  • Huntington Beach, CA
Posted Jun 3 2015, 00:42

I just put out the rent sign yesterday in the window but didn't post anything online because the place wasn't ready yet- I hadn't even decided which vinyl planks to install downstairs and needed to steamclean the carpet upstairs. 

But, then somebody must have seen the sign, made an appointment to see it before it was ready and now wants to rent the place at the beginning of next month which would work out great. 

My big concern is that this applicant has a service dog and I never allow pets. But, if I install vinyl planks downstairs along with the porcelain tiles in place, then those should be bullet proof? I've got carpet upstairs and I know dogs can damage it, but the carpet is already old and I know they'll need to be replaced anyways the next time this place goes up for rent. 

Before I accept the tenant, what are you looking at the tenant's pet to screen them?

Since its a service dog, does this mean its well-trained and behaved? It appears the tenant has a disability and so the dog really is a service dog and not one of those comfort dogs. 

Loading replies...