Are there benefits to using a realtor to lease your property?

4 Replies

The Benefits to Using a Realtor to Lease your Property

For me the one big advantage is time - I don't have to actually show the property with my Realtor, he will put a lock box on the door and show the place at anytime.  This frees me up to work on other things, I do also work on filling the vacancy myself  at the same time, I will list it with my Realtor and then work to fill it myself.  I have found that the Realtor route opens up a new pool of candidates to fill my vacancy.

I really depends on the skill set of the agent and there ability to protect/service your needs as a landlord.

Realtors frequently get a bad rap for their services and often times they rightfully deserve it. In El Paso County, CO, we have a population of 655,000 people and almost 3,000 Realtors... That means almost 0.5% of the population has their license. With that many people calling themselves a Realtor, you're bound to find a bad apple or two... Actually I take that back. In my opinion, there are many bad Realtors for every good 1. You just need to find a good one, and don't expect it to be easy.

Join the Largest Real Estate Investing Community

Basic membership is free, forever.

By signing up, you indicate that you agree to the BiggerPockets Terms & Conditions.