My First Rental - Finding a tenant

My First Rental - Finding a tenant

Vincent LangPro Member
Real Estate Broker · Racine, WI · Member since 2014 · 10 posts · 2 votes

What services are recommended for screening tenants? I know the simple ways, but I am looking for affordable resources to check on past evictions and credit history. Also, any good/free tenant applications and lease agreements out there?

Thanks for any referrals!

0Reply
10 views

4 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Lender · NY / FL · Member since 2013 · 240 posts · 44 votes
    11y

     https://mysmartmove.com worked well for me it. 

    It checks for credit, evictions and criminal and you can have the applicant pay for the fee then you will get the results. In addition to this have them fill out a standard application (many available on BP) ask for a copy of W2's, SS #, License #, past references, etc. 

    And check this out  http://www.biggerpockets.com/renewsblog/2013/01/27...

  • Rental Property Investor · Los Angeles, CA · Member since 2010 · 804 posts · 230 votes
    11y

    You can do this at one shop at www.aoausa.com.   It is located in California, but all its forms and tenant screening can be use in any state.  I use for my Houston rentals and a friend use it for his St Louis rentals.

  • Phoenix, AZ · Member since 2015 · 106 posts · 29 votes
    11y

    I haven't used it yet, but it seems to be on the up and up, and it's completely free for your first rental to test them out. It's called https://www.rentalutions.com/. It seems to do absolutely everything. It will list your vacancy to all the major players, your tenants can enter their info and you can compare all the applicants with background and credit checks, you can get state specific legal documents like leases and whatnot. You can do financials, track maintenance and collect rent online with no fee for you or the tenant. 

  • Vincent LangPro Member
    OP
    Real Estate Broker · Racine, WI · Member since 2014 · 10 posts · 2 votes
    11y

    Thank you all for the tip. I will be checking out you recommendations and will get back to you with what I used and how it worked. 

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.