Buffalo Eviction Services

5 Replies

Hi all! Does anyone have any recommendations for eviction services in Buffalo, NY? My family will likely need one in the near future with a tenant that will refuse to leave when her lease agreement is up. I know Buffalo has a strong presence on the boards here, so I look forward to all of your suggestions! Thanks, Brad

Hi Bradley.  I'm not from NY but If you don't mind, I'll comment.  Don't wait for the lease is up to notify your tenant in writing.  

• If your property isn't rent stabilized you can give your tenant a notice of non-renewal 15-30 days before lease is up (30 days is probably best).
  • If it is rent stabilized then you have to give notice of non-renewal anywhere between 120-150 days before the leases end date.  This then allows tenants 60 days to respond.

This should help expedite the process, when you do hire an eviction service.

Thanks Tony. Those day totals vary widely by locality. Unfortunately, my mother primarily manages our rentals and I'm located on the West coast. I'm pretty comfortable walking her through the rules concerning not renewing a lease in Buffalo, but I can smell a holdout by this tenant and she doesn't have the time to learn/manage an eviction with her day job. Just looking for a suggestion of who locally works well and at a reasonable price. Thanks though!
Originally posted by @Bradley Bogdan :
Hi all!

Does anyone have any recommendations for eviction services in Buffalo, NY? My family will likely need one in the near future with a tenant that will refuse to leave when her lease agreement is up. I know Buffalo has a strong presence on the boards here, so I look forward to all of your suggestions!

Thanks, Brad

george berbary, 716-842-6350,  i used his services on an eviction. he did a fine job

Originally posted by @Mark Elliott :
Originally posted by @Bradley Bogdan:
Hi all!

Does anyone have any recommendations for eviction services in Buffalo, NY? My family will likely need one in the near future with a tenant that will refuse to leave when her lease agreement is up. I know Buffalo has a strong presence on the boards here, so I look forward to all of your suggestions!

Thanks, Brad

george berbary, 716-842-6350,  i used his services on an eviction. he did a fine job

George Berbary is one of the BEST in Buffalo. Trust me. No NONSENSE and does an excellent job

If a Lease is Nearing expiration. Send a LEASE NONRENEWABLE Letter That gives the Tenants 30 days to vacate. It has to be sent before the FIRST of the Month. Send TWO letters. One by REGULAR MAIL and one CERTIFIED MAIL. That way you have proof of the letters being sent. Make a COPY of the CERTIFIED MAIL Receipt and send a copy to the Attorney along with a copy of the Letter and they will process a HOLDOVER eviction for the Following month. If you need a copy of the LETTER that I've used in the PAST. I will be happy to foward you a copy. 

Create Lasting Wealth Through Real Estate

Join the millions of people achieving financial freedom through the power of real estate investing

Start here