Looking for plumber in Kansas City, MO area

7 Replies

Looking for recommendations for a plumber in the Kansas City, MO area (Independence) to conduct a sewer line inspection for a rental property I'm potentially purchasing. 

I have had excellent luck with LJ Slavens at kcmetroplumbing.com  He has worked on my primary house and one of my rentals until late in the evening, weekends all that with very reasonable prices and does great work.

Where are you looking at in Independence, MO? I just closed on both sides of a duplex in Independence last month.

Hope all is well.

Thank you all for the recommendations. if anybody else has any I'd love to hear it, going to be a couple of weeks until I can get the plumber in (property is being renovated).

@Brent Kiger The property I'm working on is actually in Sugar Creek, MO, close to 24.

@Kevin Trumbull If you don't mind I'm curious as to how you came across the Sugar Creek area. I see that you are from California, and I am here local and have also stumbled into that area, and am looking af another property off of Kentucky in Sugar Creek. Are you using a local realtor or do you come out and look at the properties on your own, and are you having good luck in the area finding deals?

@Kevin Trumbull @Brent Kiger

I'm local as well and have lived in Independence my whole life.  I've always heard most of Sugar Creek is a pretty rough part of town. One agent recommended stay East of Cedar St, and others have said stay out of Sugar Creek altogether.  I'd be interested to hear any input on the area, and experiences with rental properties in that location.

Also for plumbing, I'd recommend Val Gross Plumbing (816) 875-9299, which I've used in the past. Sometimes on the higher side with quotes, but great guys, great work and honest people.  

@Brent Kiger I'm actually working with a turnkey provider, and I'm planning on purchasing my first property without visiting.  I plan on visiting before I purchase any further properties (likely next year).  I narrowed down my markets and Kansas City was on my short list, then looked at available properties and one was in Sugar Creek.  

@Aaron Brown Yikes, that is a little concerning to hear, the particular neighborhood I'm buying in was classified as B+, and it is just east of Cedar Ave (I assume you meant Ave and not St).  I know I'm not buying in an A neighborhood this first time out, but I'm hoping it's not a ghetto. :) Neighborhood stats/demographics seemed good enough, seems like a solid blue collar neighborhood. My due diligence had me comfortable with the area.  Thanks for the recommendation on a plumber, writing all of these down.

I'm really enjoying getting the local feedback, please keep it coming if anybody else has any thoughts.