• Investor
  • Pasadena, CA
Votes |
Realistic expectation for a turnover?

Michelle Mapp
  • Investor
  • Pasadena, CA
Posted Aug 5 2015, 11:33

I have a townhome property and the tenant is moving out the end of August.  We need to do some painting, minor wall repairs, tighten some doorknobs, wash and tighten the carpet, apparently it was not installed great.  So, basically nothing major, all just some basic repairs, cleaning, etc.  

I need a gut check - is the following a realistic expectation of my property manager:  

• A detailed turnover/project schedule in place to make sure the vacancy time is limited 
  • scheduled contractors - NOW - some of the work will be done by their internal staff but still, I don't want to be waiting around 6 days for the painters because they were not scheduled ahead of time 
  • I would like our agent to be in there to be able to take pictures and have the place listed on the MLS by Sept 5 at the latest.
  • I would like new tenants in place by the 15th or the latest the 1st of the next month. NOTE: this is Northern VA so places tent to turn quickly.

What am I missing?  Am I being too aggressive in my timeline?  Seriously, I would like it to be already listed but I am getting alot of pushback that they can't show it until the current tenant is out and they don't want to list it until it can be shown.  

Anyway, just need some other opinions and a gut check as I don't want to be unrealistic but I also don't want to waste time.  

Michelle 

Loading replies...