• Investor
  • Youngstown, OH
Votes |
Ex PM Nightmare!

Lindsay Repp
  • Investor
  • Youngstown, OH
Posted Aug 18 2015, 16:31

So a little background i recently closed on my first multifamily. it will be owner occupied as soon as the previous PM moves out (given to the end of aug) when I took over I sent a letter to all tenants explaining I would be taking over management and to bring all maintenance issues to me. Two of the units are occupied by a handicap housing company which i also spoke to the people in the office explaining my new role. This evening i got a phone call from one of the caregivers in the handicap units saying the ceiling caved in. she said she didn't know if i was aware but there was a leak and now the ceiling has fallen. When i get to the unit to assess the damage and speak to the caregiver she explains that her manager in the offices called the previous PM and he told her there was nothing he could do without my permission. Yet he never informed me. Sorry to kind of ramble but what I'm getting at is, does the cost of this mess get eaten by myself or am i able to go after one of the other 2 parties for neglecting to inform me of an issue. Had i known about the leak when it started 3 days ago I might not have been picking up the ceiling off the floor.

Loading replies...