Stupid things TENANTS say or complain about

3 Replies

I have a decent single truck driver as a tenant . His girlfriend calls about a clogged toilet . On the holiday weekend .  The tenant is on the road and the girlfriend is "watching " the place .  I tell her I am out of town for the holiday , Try a plunger and if that doesnt work go home and use your bathroom. No, she wants a plumber . I tell her thats on her dime .  "Why should I pay , the wipes say you can flush them "      

So I tell her that the lease says that clogs caused by the tenant are the tenants responsibility .

Her reply  "  nobody ever reads the lease " 

I called the tenant , he told her to go home , and if he cant clear it , he will pay to snake it . 

Yea, sounds like a common conversation. I imagine every landlord on the site has a had a convo pretty similar to that.

@Matthew Paul

Matthew,

It's stories like this one that make people never want to be a landlord. Thankfully, this doesn't happen everyday, but it is a reminder of how tenants view landlords. Thanks for the story!

Stuart 

anything a tenant complains about when they are past due on rent is stupid in my book....  

Create Lasting Wealth Through Real Estate

Join the millions of people achieving financial freedom through the power of real estate investing

Start here