General Landlording & Rental Properties
Account Closed
  • Rotonda West, FL
Votes |
How can a landlord protect himself against the bad apples

Account Closed
  • Rotonda West, FL
Posted Sep 11 2015, 09:41

Hi guys.  I'm close to having my condo ready for renting.  I have to go year by year by the by-laws.  I'm putting in a lot of effort into making this property respectable.  My question is, how far can I go in the lease agreement with a tenant regarding damages.  What I mean is this, what's the standard way a landlord protects himself against someone just trashing the place, scratching the walls, breaking the applies, the worst case scenario?  Can I put in dollar amounts like if you do A, then you'll be charged X dollars, etc.  Or is the answer just depend on your landlord insurance.  Also. can I put in a clause that says if they do X, they will be evicted.  I live in PA.  I'm pretty sure these things are under the state's jurisdiction, but not sure, please comment if you know about this as well.  I'm just trying to protect myself against disaster, and I know without the right paperwork, the finish will be like always, me in debt and the tenant making his dinner toast to how inexperienced I was.

Loading replies...