My annual contract with my current property management company in Saint Louis, MO is up and I'm not too influenced by the idea of renewing. I can't seem to keep a consistent flow of communication going with them. For example, we're right in the middle of getting one of the properties rent ready with plumbing updates, securing the basement, etc, etc and I haven't been able to get in contact with them for 5 days now. I've called and left messages, emailed, texted and still no reply. At this point I believe I need to move in a different direction. Can anyone recommend or suggest a reputable, reliable and price reasonable property management company in the Saint Louis, MO area?
Hi Ivory -
I am a real estate agent who works with a number of investors here in St. Louis and can recommend a stellar PM service.
I've helped them develop and structure their company as finding an integrity based group that delivers has been a challenge -- as I'm sure you are aware.
Give me a call or an email and I'd be happy to facilitate an introduction.
I would suggest going to NARPM and finding a PM that is a tied with them. Also some good questions to ask potential PM's are
- What are your average days on market for vacant homes?
- What is your average rent amount for all properties managed?
- What is your average work order cost for the owner?
- What is your average make ready cost for the owner?
- Are all my invoices uploaded to my owner portal?
- How do you advertise your vacant units?
- Do I receive video of my pre and post make ready?
- Do you have a setup fee?
- Do you upcharge on maintenance?
- When do you make owner payments? How often?
- Are you a Certified Property Manager?
- Are you a member of NARPM?
- What is your Guarantee?
@Steve Rozenberg, those are really helpful questions to inquire about. I shall definitely take notes and the ?'s I don't have, add them to my list.
I work with a couple of investors who are active in real estate/property management. They're honest, upfront, professional, and committed to the St. Louis market.
Feel free to contact me and I'll be happy to provide you with their contact info.
There's nothing worse than being an out-of-state investor and be left hanging when trying to obtain information on your investment.
@Dan thank you sir. I appreciate every bit of assistance and every contact I come across!
I know an investor who uses Herman London and is pleased with their services. Give Tom Potter a call 314-920-0781. He doesn't deal with properties under $750 a month though.