Votes
Dustin Beam
  • Kansas City, MO
Votes |
How do you advertise open units?

Dustin Beam
  • Kansas City, MO
Posted Oct 12 2016, 06:59

I've owned my properties for only a few months so I'm learning as I go.  I now have some open units that have been cleaned up with flooring replaced,  etc.  Just a cleanup is needed, so I'm ready to garner interest in them. 

Saturday I put a sign out front (3 fourplexes,  same location).  I also put a Craigslist ad up Monday.  So between the 2, I probably have averaged 2-3 calls per day.  I don't know if that's good or bad. Ha

I would obviously prefer more,  so I took a gander at Craigslist as if I were a prospective renter.  I simply searched for the town name in the apartments for rent section.  The problem I saw is that there are managers/owners that have TONS of ads for their single location.  I mean one had 247 ads,  another 167. I know this because I went to the map version of the search.  

Now if a renter looks at the map,  there isn't a huge difference as they can weed out the "spamming"  of ads for single addresses.  But if they are looking at the list/thumb/gallery version,  my ad is only a needle in a haystack. 

So how do you generate interest in your rentals? 

Loading replies...