Cleveland, OH · Member since 2016 · 39 posts · 14 votes
I have a single family rental located in Cleveland Ohio (Tremont area) on a slab foundation. Just found out there is a hole in one of the sewer pipes under the kitchen floor. Roots had grown into the pipe when The plumbing company jetted and took the camera down there, they discovered one of the pipes has a hole. They cleared the roots and plumbing working fine, but won't guarantee the work because of the hole. Thinking of fixing the broken pipe but it involves taking up the laminate wood flooring. The plumber wanted to charge me $4,000. I think a good Handiman can fix the pipe and put back the laminate flooring much cheaper.
Just need to find a good reliable Handiman. Any help would be greatly appreciated!!!
Contractor · Cleveland, OH · Member since 2016 · 116 posts · 50 votes
9y
Michelle Fox
I have a plumber who is reliable with good prices. Pm me and I'll send you the info.
I agree with the other guy. I think that is beyond the scope of a handyman.
Real Estate Agent · Las Vegas, NV · Member since 2015 · 2k+ posts · 1k+ votes
9y
That job is way beyond the scope of a handyman and would get some more quotes from plumbers and fix the leak asap.You will need the handyman to patch the trench left by the plumbers and lay some new laminate
Contractor · Cleveland, OH · Member since 2016 · 116 posts · 50 votes
9y
Michelle Fox
I have a plumber who is reliable with good prices. Pm me and I'll send you the info.
I agree with the other guy. I think that is beyond the scope of a handyman.
Real Estate Broker · Cleveland Dayton Cincinnati Toledo Columbus & Akron, OH · Member since 2013 · 30k+ posts · 20k+ votes
9y
@Michelle Fox I agree with the others on this thread. A job like this you need to bring in a licensed plumber. Trying to pinch pennies never turns out well.
Have a plumber do the plumbing work then have a handyman clean everything up.