Houston, TX · Member since 2016 · 349 posts · 142 votes
9y
@Steve Rozenberg I think it all depends on the company or person. If you are a tenant, you want someone who responds quickly to any problems the property has and doesn't wait to fix things. You also don't want a landlord stopping by constantly for no reason. I think we have all had good and bad landlords before.
Rental Property Investor · Olympia, WA · Member since 2014 · 781 posts · 744 votes
9y
@Steve Rozenberg When I get calls asking if I'm the owner of the property, I get suspicious. Often times folks with evictions or other issues look for mom & pops who don't screen well, hoping to get under the radar with little deposit and no credible background check.
Real Estate Investor · Austin, TX · Member since 2013 · 9 posts · 7 votes
9y
Individuals can save on repairs and paying a management company to lease, make readies, find, and manage tenants. Those savings translates to big money if added up. The con is that you will spend more of YOUR TIME doing it. It can also help you qualify as a "real estate professional" and help with deducting losses on non rental income under certain criteria if you actively participate in managing your rentals on your federal tax returns. Please check IRS for 'real estate professional" definition.
Management Company can SAVE YOU TIME but you will pay for it.