With the probability of govt debt reduction are you...

With the probability of govt debt reduction are you...

Real Estate Agent · Port Huron, MI · Member since 2012 · 295 posts · 82 votes

With the high probability of govt debt reduction are you reducing your number of Section 8 tenants to hedge against the possible outcome that the Section 8 program may see a reduction in funding?

0Reply
7 views

Most Popular Reply

Investor · Milwaukee, WI · Member since 2014 · 811 posts · 420 votes
9y
If you think there is a high probability of federal government debt reduction I don't think you were looking too closely at the few specifics that the incoming president actually provided. I have no idea if federal funding for housing will go down or not, but I'm not sure how this relates to reducing the federal debt.
See this reply in the discussion

5 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Investor · Milwaukee, WI · Member since 2014 · 811 posts · 420 votes
    9y
    If you think there is a high probability of federal government debt reduction I don't think you were looking too closely at the few specifics that the incoming president actually provided. I have no idea if federal funding for housing will go down or not, but I'm not sure how this relates to reducing the federal debt.
  • Real Estate Agent · Port Huron, MI · Member since 2012 · 295 posts · 82 votes
    9y

    instead of debt I should have said deficit, it would be nice to reduce the debt by any amount but you are correct it probably won't happen.

  • Investor · West Chester , PA · Member since 2011 · 620 posts · 138 votes
    9y

    @Richard Ball

    Good question but may I ask how many Sec8 tenants you have?

  • Real Estate Agent · Port Huron, MI · Member since 2012 · 295 posts · 82 votes
    9y

    I currently have 25% of my homes with Section 8 tenants.

  • Investor · Appleton, WI · Member since 2012 · 1k+ posts · 464 votes
    9y

    it would not be nice at all to have a national debt reduction. That would mean that the federal government ran a budget surplus. That would not be sustainable. Mathematically the federal government must run a deficit at least equivalent to the trade deficit in order for the private sector to achieve sustainable growth. Visit pragcap dot com and read the recommended reading section to learn more. 

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.