Votes
Joshua Feit
  • Atlanta, GA
Votes |
Atlanta Watershed -- HELP!

Joshua Feit
  • Atlanta, GA
Posted Aug 18 2017, 07:05

What's up BP -- if you are in Atlanta, I need HELP!!!

Atlanta Watershed is NUTS. I have two properties in the city limits, and both are having massive water problems. Every month the bills are huge, even though we have sent out certified plumbers multiple times, and we have reports stating there are no leaks.

We keep contacting the watershed, and are getting nowhere. Even though the bills are in the tenant's name, and even though GA law clearly states that these bills follow the tenant, Atlanta Watershed pins them to the property as liens, which need to be paid off before the properties can be conveyed. 

So we are racking up crazy bills that they are going to try to pin onto our properties, and they never address the problem.

HELP!!!

1) Does anyone know anybody at Atlanta Watershed that is actually empowered to help people like me? (Instead of the abysmal customer 'service' reps that answer the phone)

2) At your ATL properties, do you just let the tenants set their own bills up? And if so, do you track whether or not they are paying these bills?

3) If you have ever sold an ATL property that had an Atlanta Watershed lien on it from a similar situation, how did you get rid of the lien so the property could close?

Loading replies...