Votes
Christina Wrightsman
  • Minneapolis, MN
Votes |
Has this ever happened to you?

Christina Wrightsman
  • Minneapolis, MN
Posted Sep 6 2017, 06:15

Hello! I'm wondering if anyone else has experienced what I experienced last night. We recently closed on our second rental unit in Minnesota. The unit has been available for rent for two weeks now. I found a tenant who passed the pre-screening and then showed her the unit twice. She decided to apply and all of the background and screening checks came back without any issues. Last night we met to walk though and sign the lease, receive the security deposit and first month's rent and exchange the keys. After all questions were answered on the lease, the lease was signed. We then asked to receive the deposit and first months rent and she was unable to provide the full amount. She was well aware in advance what that amount would be at signing.

The lease clearly states the deposit must be paid upon signing. She is in default upon signing. She was told that without the deposit and first months rent we cannot move forward. The keys were not exchanged. Has anyone else had this happen to them? She did leave the unit last night with a signed copy of the lease. 

Loading replies...