TENANT RENTAL HISTORY

4 Replies

HEllo BPs,

first time showing my SFH, I had a gentleman that was divorced looking for a place on his own. He asked me what were the requirements. When I told him about one of the requirements which would be contacting previous landlords and he would need to have a verifiable rental history. He said I used to live with my wife, I got divorced. In this case... I can only verify previous address running a background checking right? Is there anything else I can do in this scenario

you can verify he owned the property. does he still own the property with his wife and still on the mortgage? or did they sell it? Look for 5 years history of residences. pulling his credit report will also let you know if he made his mortgage payments on time.

Originally posted by @Eve Oliver :

HEllo BPs,

first time showing my SFH, I had a gentleman that was divorced looking for a place on his own. He asked me what were the requirements. When I told him about one of the requirements which would be contacting previous landlords and he would need to have a verifiable rental history. He said I used to live with my wife, I got divorced. In this case... I can only verify previous address running a background checking right? Is there anything else I can do in this scenario

If he's a recent homeowner, the credit report will have his payment history on his mortgage, which is more authoritative than the current landlord (who might just want to get rid of a bad tenant) anyways. :)

Join the Largest Real Estate Investing Community

Basic membership is free, forever.