Skip to content
General Landlording & Rental Properties

User Stats

Votes
Pj Holmes
  • Miami, FL
Votes |
Landlord replaced faulty washer dryer with a nasty used combo?

Pj Holmes
  • Miami, FL
Posted Oct 12 2017, 16:10

Hello folks,

After at least 2 years of sending a repair guy to fix the faulty washer and dryer we had in our apt, the landlord agreed to replace them. 

Unfortunately, they sent the repair guy to buy a used combo and he chose probably the combo in worse condition.  

The dryer is rusty inside and dirt is stuck in places I can't easily clean (crevices). The washer was filthy. 

These pics were after I cleaned them up the best I could. 

So my girl friend is disgusted that we will have to use these units to wash and dry our bedding, clothes, etc. I am not as picky, but still I find this kind of gross and a step down.

Is this something I should bring up or complain about? If so, what can I expect? I doubt they will replace them or do much about it so I might be wasting my time. On the other hand, I can send these pictures for their records since they can then blame us for the units' condition when we leave. (also when repair guy was testing the washer, some water leaked from the exit hose through the ceiling and left a water mark on the ceiling)

The washer and dryer are included in the rent (most apts are rented with washer and dryer in this area), and the ones we had were 10 times better than these ones, but failed often. However, I would have been happy to continue to call the repair guy if I knew we would get this nasty ones. 

Suggestions appreciated. 

Thank you.

Loading replies...