Best way to advertise your vacancy’s

6 Replies

Besides having a website, how do you advertise for your vacancies?

Shawn

@Shawn Pottschmidt I mostly use Craigslist but it's really gone downhill in the last 2-3 years. A lot more PM's in my market and moving towards Zillow and Trulia. Most renters know about it and it's also free. Those are obviously 2 huge bonuses.

Haven't done signs in the yard in a very long time. Too much time wasted taking/returning phone calls.

hotpads, zillow, trulia, Craigslist, MLS, ask your existing tenant base

Hi Shawn,

The best thing you can do is market EVERYWHERE. It seems like a lot of work, but there are online services out there with marketing syndication features, and send your listing to lots of major sites. Definitely utilize Zillow, Trulia, Apartments.com, rent.com, etc. Craigslist is another site you'll want to make sure you are on. The more your sites your on, the more eyes on your property and the more leads you'll generate. Make sure your screening process is very thorough, your listing is detailed, priced accurate, and you have great pictures.  With all of those things, you shouldn't have a problem finding a tenant! 

I hope this helps! 

like @Jenifer Kynor says I can't show you one way to fill 20 vacancies but I can show you 20 ways to fill one! Also, track your sources so you know what's working!

I advertise on Facebook rental groups and buy, sell trade pages. I always have great responses. I also either do a yard sign or a banner. 

Craigslist worked really well for the past number of years until recently (last yearish) as @Will Gaston stated.  Zillow and Trulia have been better recently.  Also, a sign in the front yard can do wonders depending on neighborhood/location. 

Join the Largest Real Estate Investing Community

Basic membership is free, forever.