erentpayment - Anyone who HAS received funds SINCE 10/12 date?

erentpayment - Anyone who HAS received funds SINCE 10/12 date?

Canyon, TX · Member since 2017 · 1 post · 0 votes

I'm trying to see if anyone has received funds into their account (processed, not pending) SINCE the problem dates?  10/12 was supposedly the last date of the problem transactions.  So has anyone had a tenant pay on 10/13 or later and actually had the funds hit their account?

We were fortunate to only have two payments that got held up in the "problem".  Unfortunately, by the time we caught the problem we've got a whole list of tenants who made their Nov payments on 10/30, 10/31, 11/1.  Now we are extremely nervous that these will change from "pending" to actual "processed" transactions with deposits into our account, as promised by erentpayment.....

We have used erentpayment.com for several years, with great ease, success & wonderful customer service.  I want so badly to give them the benefit of the doubt.

0Reply
15 views

Most Popular Reply

Investor · Milwaukee, WI · Member since 2012 · 109 posts · 42 votes
8y

I would not give erentpayment any benefit of the doubt. The company did everything wrong when the incident occurred. They did not answer phones or emails. I recently sent them another email to make sure they have my information and am waiting for a reply. I am actually surprised people still trust them to handle their rent collection. 

See this reply in the discussion

13 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Investor · St Augustine, FL · Member since 2016 · 135 posts · 126 votes
    8y

    I have - only ONE tenant that was affected, they had tow payments they entered on the 12th, rent and the automatic late payment. The rent was transferred out of their account immediately, the late payment (significantly smaller) was not. BOTH showed as pending for weeks, then the late payment was deposited into our account last week. The larger rent is not... Im attempting to have the tenant claw that back with the R10 process. Been working with the local bank and also offered the tenant $250 as an "assistance incentive" (that's large enough that they are vested and don't view us as greedy, rather a partner - and taking it on the chin for $250 is far cheaper than loosing an entire month to this crap)!

  • aspen, CO · Member since 2018 · 4 posts · 0 votes
    8y

    I still have not received my oct rent. Any suggestions?

    Thanks,

    Russ

  • Andy WebbPro Member
    Rental Property Investor · Carrollton, TX · Member since 2013 · 750 posts · 538 votes
    8y

    @Russ Aragon - we had an issue with one house and had the tenant go to their bank and reverse the payment via their bank.  If you go to the eRent site there are general instructions on the process and names of the reversal- I believe there is also a time limit on this process, so I would not wait around.  

    Note that once our tenants cancelled the transaction, we then had problems the following month because their bank had permanently halted all ACH payments to eRent.  The tenants had to then go back in and instruct their bank to allow these payments.

  • aspen, CO · Member since 2018 · 4 posts · 0 votes
    8y

    Andy 

    thanks we have already had our tenant do that, no luck.

    Russ

  • Tom GimerBusiness Member
    DMV · Member since 2017 · 3k+ posts · 3k+ votes
    8y

    @Russ Aragon

    You'll want to read the last couple posts in this thread: https://www.biggerpockets.com/forums/52/topics/499...

    Things are far from over... even for landlords who got paid in full and thought they escaped this.

    Gimer Law516 Reviews
  • Investor · richmond, VA · Member since 2011 · 29 posts · 16 votes
    8y

    came to see if anything more out there?  They said in January they would do something, haven't heard from erentpayment since (what a surprise... )

  • Investor · Milwaukee, WI · Member since 2012 · 109 posts · 42 votes
    8y

    I would not give erentpayment any benefit of the doubt. The company did everything wrong when the incident occurred. They did not answer phones or emails. I recently sent them another email to make sure they have my information and am waiting for a reply. I am actually surprised people still trust them to handle their rent collection. 

  • aspen, CO · Member since 2018 · 4 posts · 0 votes
    8y

    still not paid me anything

  • Rental Property Investor · Minneapolis, MN · Member since 2018 · 23 posts · 10 votes
    8y
    @Charles Frankenhoff I used them for a new tenant and they paid on 7/9/18 for a debit on 7/1/18 (Sunday). Keep in mind 7/4 was a holiday too.
  • aspen, CO · Member since 2018 · 4 posts · 0 votes
    7y

    They still owe me $5000

  • Property Manager · Morrisville, NC · Member since 2017 · 19 posts · 12 votes
    7y

    There is a recent update (6/6/2019) about the status of this saga. We're still waiting on our October 2017 rent payment, so we're following it as it develops. Needless to say, we are not holding our breath. And we are not using erentpayment!

    See the following for the thread of sporadic (and not publicized) updates under Recent News. 

    http://support.erentpayment.com/Main/

  • Flipper/Rehabber · Golden, CO · Member since 2013 · 590 posts · 319 votes
    5y

    I just got my check for about 10% of what I lost. Frustrating that Erentpayment is not liable for the entire amount or that insurance doesn't cover it.

    Will never say anything good about eRentpayment and I suggest everyone avoid using them!

  • Investor · Milwaukee, WI · Member since 2012 · 109 posts · 42 votes
    5y

    I received a check approximately one month ago, but it was about 10% of the rent price. At least it was something and I learned a valuable lesson. Good luck everyone!

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.