Skip to content
General Landlording & Rental Properties

User Stats

Votes
Roger S.
  • Investor
  • TX
Votes |
For you who DIY your maintenance. Your 3 favorite tools?

Roger S.
  • Investor
  • TX
Posted Nov 30 2017, 20:52

I do all my own make ready, repairs and maintenance , except for AC work.  So, I've acquired a few new tools as we go along.   I wonder what your 3 favorite tools are.  Which ones make life easier, are the most useful the most bang for your buck?

Here's mine.

1. Graco airless paint sprayer.  When I first got this, it was really great for painting exteriors.  I could spray the outside of a large house in a day, multiple coats.  Took another day or so to paint the trim.  No masking, no hassle, easy peasy.  But for interiors, it was more of chore.  Masking and laying drop clothes and trying to make sure no overspray got on anything.  If I was replacing flooring, it was easier, but still a pain.  Bleah.   But then I found the power roller attachment.  BAM, now this tool rocks.  I can roll a big room in about 20 minutes.

2.  Oscillating tool.  If you lay tiles or laminate or LVP, this is a must.  Easily undercut door frames for painless flooring installation.  And useful as heck when making cuts on countertops or subfloors where your circular saw can't finish the cut because you run into a wall.

3.Texture sprayer.  As many drywall repairs as we all must do, this is a must.   I use mine to apply either an orange peel or a brushed texture, whichever blends in easier.  Most of my houses are old enough that they don't have knockdown.   Orange peel is a breeze to match up, no more ugly drywall patches. 

Lets here yours.

Loading replies...