Votes
Zoltan Fagyal
  • Bellingham, MA
Votes |
Ideas / Recommendations for Dealing With a Noisy Neighbor

Zoltan Fagyal
  • Bellingham, MA
Posted Dec 6 2017, 08:14

I have a really good tenant whom I'd like to keep happy, as much as possible. She is renting a condo from me in a 3-story building. She is at the lower level. 

She sent me an email the other day, she says "I've been trying my hardest not to mention it but it is getting worse and worse. The couple upstairs from me are so loud. They must have hardwood floors without a rug. Between walking and playing with there baby the pounding is getting so bad. 

I've come home and all my pictures are slanted and wine bottles have come off the rack off the wall. The sliding door raddles so hard I almost thought it would break. 

In the morning the kids room is above mine and must be playing with heavy blocks because it wakes me up almost every morning. I've really tried to be patient but I can't take the pounding anymore..."

I would like to help her as much as I can. Do you have any recommendations or ran into a similar situation you were able to solve?

Would you take on the responsibility of talking with this neighbor or let the tenant sort it out if she can?

Loading replies...