• Evansille, WI
Votes |
My First Rental Property-Questions

Kole Kingslien
  • Investor
  • Evansille, WI
Posted Dec 8 2017, 11:32

Hello everyone,

I just purchased my first rental, made it through the screening process, have a move in date set for a qualified tenant, and am wondering about what kind of documentation I should be preparing, and in what order? My plan is to put together a PDF folder, with every PDF document that I will need for every time a tenant moves in, listed in order, including things like a minimum qualifications list, rental application, denial form, acceptance form, and so on, all the way through the lease, and handing over the keys. There will be two sections, the move in, and the move out section. I am not worried maintenance forms and such, they will be in a separate folder.

I have no idea as to what things will need to be on this list, or in what order, and was hoping that others had some sort of similar system, and can share a list of all the documents I should start putting together. Do they all need to be purchased from a state website that provides legal forms? Either way, I am sure I can find the docs online, if I know what I'm looking for. I want to make this as legal, and professional as possible, as I want to heavily scale next year, and want to build a strong foundation and system now, to make that easier down the road!

Any and all help is greatly appreciated!!!! 

Thank You,

Kole 

Loading replies...