• Poughkeepsie, NY
Votes |
Statement of security deposit end of tenancy

Eric Hrlbock
  • Rental Property Investor
  • Poughkeepsie, NY
Posted Dec 12 2017, 01:38

Hello all,

I am a New York landlord that has to charge his first security deposit to bring my rental back to rent ready.  

The tenant didn't totally destroy the place.

But in one year they did more damage than people that have rented from me for 4 years. We renovated the hole place before they moved in.

I got lucky but in their eyes it's perfect. 

I had to have a guy wiping all walls w vinager and then degreaser to kill the smell of smoke. 

I had carpets professionally cleaned which the carpet guy pointed out 7-8 burn holes . I called the guy who installed the carpets to see if he could take walk in closet carpet and replace the area wher most of the burns are.  The solid surface acrylic countertops in the bathroom had burns in it as well. There was weird splatter on walls and ceilings that we could only guess is blood.  The drain in bathroom was disconnected and a little piece was missing.  Two switches for outlets were disconnected and blank cover plates were put in the place.

The carpet installer said the only way to make the living room half way decent is to  replace the hole living room carpet. 

So my question, does anyone have a specific form for statement of security deposit and end of tenancy. Or maybe give me an example of what they send with the remaining security deposit. In New York you have to itemize if I'm not mistaken.  

Has any else tenant who believes they left place perfect when in fact they didn't. 

I appreciate any feedback.  

Loading replies...