Votes
Carey Branam
  • Lawrence, KS
Votes |
Help me evict nightmare tenants who continue to clog plumbing

Carey Branam
  • Lawrence, KS
Posted Dec 20 2017, 14:10
I’ve got nightmare tenants in my rental property. The septic keeps backing up into the basement shower. It took a month of doing multiple repairs to septic, laterals etc to figure out the problem. We started snagging wipes with the snake. We have told them to stop flushing any wipes (even if they say flushable). We’ve put over $1,000 into renting equipment, clean up, and new carpet, not to mention probably 40+ hours of labor and the travel time as the property is 45 minutes away. The problem has been fixed for almost a month and it happened again 2 days ago. Out the bathroom and all over the new carpet. When my husband went to the house he found an open package of baby wipes right next to the toilet upstairs. They didn’t pull any out with the snake this time but they did snag a lot of stuff that got pushed on through. So I guess we can’t prove it? We have owned this house for 13 years, we lived in it for 7 years and have never had any problems with this until these people moved in. The other problem is they have the unfinished portion of the basement filled with clothes. Some are in garbage bags and a ton of clothes are just spread out all over. I have no idea what’s going on but maybe she’s running a laundry business out of the house? (Which would be against the lease). I just can’t imagine what all the clothes are doing down there, we can hardly get to the drain next to the washer to work on the pipes. They are getting lent when they snake. So maybe the laundry is related to whatever keeps clogging the pipes. We really just need to get them out. There are holes in the bathroom door upstairs we just replaced when we remodeled the bathroom before they moved in, there are cigarettes everywhere in the yard, they pay their rent late every single month. *they always pay before their 3 day pay or quit is up So, how do I get them out? We are in the process of flipping a house but haven’t been able to touch it because we have to work on unclogging their drain every time my husband is off work. This is literally going to break us & we’re sinking fast. We can’t keep cleaning up their **** (literally), but I don’t know how to prove it’s their fault and how to evict them without proof. Help!

Loading replies...