Votes
John Gilliam
  • Buckeye, AZ
Votes |
Advice about suing a proprety management company

John Gilliam
  • Buckeye, AZ
Posted Dec 29 2017, 09:40

Hello all I am new to these forums and looking for some help.   I rent out a prior residence and have a property management company to manage the property.  I believe they have been taking advantage of me making unnecessary repairs, charging exorbitant amounts for those repairs and most recently making me responsible for almost $15,000 dollars in damages for a tenant that skipped town.  Even after $15K in repairs the management company came back recently to ask for another $1000 for some missed items they say the new tenant "found" on move in.  

What is especially difficult is I live out of state from where the property is located so it is difficult for me to verify any of the repairs being done.

I'm looking for advice about what kind of attorney's handle disputes between owners and property management companies (most of google only returns information on tenant vs the PM).  I'd also be interested in hearing others experiences with PM companies and if they've found themselves in a similar situation as myself. 

Loading replies...