How do I find an experienced landlord/tenant attorney?

How do I find an experienced landlord/tenant attorney?

Rental Property Investor · Jersey City, NJ · Member since 2011 · 1k+ posts · 876 votes

I'm guessing a tenant determined to be a "victim" is going to force us into an eviction, and we've incorporated since the last time I had to go to court. In the past when we've tried to find someone we've been very disappointed, it seems like landlord/tenant is mostly the province of bottomfeeders, the lowest functioning lawyers. I don't want a RE contract & closing lawyer who dabbles in this, I want someone who actually knows what they're doing, the rent laws in Jersey City are complex. Any ideas?

0Reply
24 views

3 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Member since 2018 · 2 posts · 0 votes
    7y

    Hi Johann- did you end up finding a good landlord/tenant attorney? I'm currently looking for one in NJ.  Any recos would be greatly appreciated.  Thanks!

  • Rental Property Investor · Jersey City, NJ · Member since 2011 · 1k+ posts · 876 votes
    7y

    @Jasmin Courtney sorry, but I have nothing. Fortunately the situation resolved with the tenant breaking the lease in the spring and us happy to see her go. Honesty, if I was needing one again, I'd go to eviction court, watch for who seems to be on their game, and ask for their card.

  • Member since 2018 · 2 posts · 0 votes
    7y

    I'm glad your situation resolved itself.  And the approach you were suggesting is exactly what I was thinking of doing.  Thanks for the reply!

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.