• Investor
  • Pittsburgh, PA
Votes |
Pittsburgh PA - Inherited Tenant - Need him out ASAP

Tj Hulse
  • Investor
  • Pittsburgh, PA
Posted Jan 29 2018, 20:06

Hey BP - I'm helping my buddy renovate his new Triplex and he just ran into this issue. He bought the property from his Grandfather about 6 months ago - 2/3 vacant - The 1 tenant is on a year lease until April 2018. Initially when purchased, my buddy wanted to do a month to month lease with this inherited tenant, but the tenant asked to revert to the old lease to avoid complications which my buddy agreed on. 

In speaking with his grandfather, he has been informed that this tenant had some late issues in the past (none with my buddy yet) and may potentially be a squatter. We are coming up on 2 months prior to this lease expiring, and he will be collecting February rent soon when he plans to remind the tenant he is to be out as of April. 

Any tips and what are the legalities on this inherited lease to make sure this guy is out ASAP? It is an older building in need of a considerable makeover, so he really needs this guy out. It is also hindering him being able to remodel and live in his own unit per his decency not to be banging on the walls of this tenant that preceded his purchase.

Thanks guys - Much appreciated!

~ TJ 

Loading replies...