Votes
Phil Salgori
  • Indianapolis, IN
Votes |
Not Being Charged Rent

Phil Salgori
  • Indianapolis, IN
Posted Feb 6 2018, 13:22

Hi all.  I'm a college student and have been following the BP forums and podcasts for just about a year now.  I am saving up so I can get into the RE game after graduation.  

I have an interesting situation, though I am sure some of you on this site have ran into this before.  I live in an off-campus apartment in a complex of about 300 units.  Rent is to be paid online.  However, for the past few months I have realized that I am not being charged rent.  I was charged rent the first few months I lived there, though, and paid it through the online portal.  I have not received a Pay or Vacate notice or any other such paper work.  I have been in the office and in direct contact with the property manager to pick up packages and such too, which i electronically sign for on their system, but have not been told anything about rent.  

What do I do in this situation?  I am also worried that I may get late penalties for not having a payment though my account balance is $0.  Who is responsible for this?  Side note: I will be moving out of the complex come June.  Thanks for your suggestions.  

Loading replies...