Simple method of rental applications?

2 Replies

Have a rental property that about to put on the market. It’s in a low income area. I know the simpler the better. I was thinking about putting the stand up clear box in the front, with the applications in there. And give them option to email it to me. What you ladies and gentlemen think? Also what do y’all think about allowing pets ?
Originally posted by @Lydia Woods :
Have a rental property that about to put on the market. It’s in a low income area. I know the simpler the better. I was thinking about putting the stand up clear box in the front, with the applications in there. And give them option to email it to me. What you ladies and gentlemen think? Also what do y’all think about allowing pets ?

Low income usually = class C and lower properties. These are, generally, folks who don't have/use a scanner and email and credit cards. Give them a paper application at the showing, tell them they can drop it off or text you a photo of all pages. You don't want to lose a good candidate because your process is too arduous. If you have a HUGE response, setup a laptop for them to submit their info on-site at an open house if you insist upon digital applications.

You should pay to run a background check therefore you should charge an application fee. I use residentresearch.com it costs me $26 per person and I charge a $40 application fee.