Skip to content
General Landlording & Rental Properties

User Stats

Votes
Eric Meyer
  • Real Estate Broker
  • Saint John, IN
Votes |
What Tenant Screening service do you use?????

Eric Meyer
  • Real Estate Broker
  • Saint John, IN
Posted Feb 23 2018, 10:15

Sorry to ask this question like so many other people have already done, and I have searched the forums for answers and i get such mixed and older responses. What Tenant Screen Service do you use or recommend?

Long story short, I had a tenant lined up, and we were going to do the lease signing this Saturday, and he calls me Wednesday to notify me he was let go from his employer. I did call his employer to verify. Now I have to refill the vacancy.   I used the SmartMove here on Biggerpockets for that screening, but I'm not happy with it. I'm dealing with a "C" class neighborhood and just need a screening process that I punch in their information and I get the results, of course with me collecting an application fee. With Smartmove the tenant needs to do another online application, and I'm already having them fill a paper application out, which seems like to much to a lot of tire kickers.  I re-posted my vacant unit and have had more interest then I thought, with some already good phone conversations, so I decided to do an open house this weekend, So I need to find a new screening service ASAP. Thank you in advance.

Loading replies...