Growing Marijuana & Making Dabs/Wax

3 Replies

Has anyone started inserting language into their leases re: prohibition growing marijuana plants AND manufacturing dabs/wax?

I need to add some language to our leases & hoping some other landlords have pointers on how to best encompass both items.

well I know what pot is we invented it out in California in the 60s when I was growing up.

but what is Dab/ Wax... I guess I am showing my age.. never heard of that one.

Question:

Are these multis or SFRs?  What is your specific concern: the smell will bother other tenants (if multis) or that it could turn into some sort of drug lab?

MA state law allows growing plants in cases of medical hardship for a patient's needs.  As a layperson, it would appear to me that if you were to attempt to prohibit a properly licensed medical marijuana tenant from his/her drug in any way, that would be discriminatory against a certain class of people.  I think in any case, it is proper to require official documentation to make sure they're registered to do so:

http://www.massachusettsmarijuanacompliance.com/ma...

I'd never heard of manufacturing dabs/wax.  I can understand the concern because of the odor, but your question did not include smoking marijuana or taking marijuana pills for medicinal purposes.  (BTW: Medical marijuana arrested the growth of our Maltipoo's cancer in 3 1/2 weeks.  That was over a year ago.  A tumor which would've killed him has shrunken twice since then.  Our Max is a 21-month survivor of anal gland adenocarcinoma.  If you have a dog, please make sure to have his/her anal glands checked regularly.  A tiny lesion appeared on a single gland, and it nearly killed him within months.)    

"Dabs are concentrated doses of cannabis that are made by extracting THC and other cannabinoids using a solvent like butane or carbon dioxide, resulting in sticky oils also commonly referred to as wax, shatter, budder, and butane hash oil (BHO). They’re heated on a hot surface, usually a nail, and then inhaled through a dab rig. "   not legal...

These are condo'd units, where we own several but there are other owners/tenants.  My feeling on it is if you own the property, do what you want but there are complaints about the smell, there are multiple tents set up + the illegal component of making the wax too.   We don't allow smoking so this shouldn't be any different

Join the Largest Real Estate Investing Community

Basic membership is free, forever.

By signing up, you indicate that you agree to the BiggerPockets Terms & Conditions.