Votes
Drew LaVallee
  • Escoheag, RI
Votes |
Establishing Monthly rent due dates? Newbie alert

Drew LaVallee
  • Escoheag, RI
Posted Mar 5 2018, 09:36

Good morning guys, I recently purchased my first multifamily here in RI and am living in the bottom floor and renting the top floor. I have been very picky in the choice of my tenants but I believe I have found a well suited family. Prior to writing up the lease I had met with them and they had some very random questions. Me being a rookie and eager to seal my first deal, I am now worried they may have read me too well and used that to my advantage. First, the father wants to move a small 8x6 shed that is in the "middle" of a rebuild onto the property. though my lot is only .31acres, i do have enough room for it next to my current shed, or even in their separate driveway, does this sound like the beginning of a horror story ? The major concern of mine is that though I originally specified that rent was due the 1st of every month, they asked if they could make it the first Friday of every month, and of course I caved. Did I just set myself up for future issues? Though we spoke of this in person, should I still keep it in the lease agreement as the 1st of every month... is that even legal? 

Loading replies...