• Saint Louis, MO
Votes |
Using Cozy.co to perform checks and applications

Donald S.
  • Accountant
  • Saint Louis, MO
Posted Apr 3 2018, 08:56

Hi Everyone, 

I am going to be using cozy.co to do background/credit/eviction history checks for my rentals going forward. I was wondering if anyone on here had experience with it and how they actually go about it. I know and like that the applicant pays Cozy directly for the cost of the checks, so I don't have to handle the money. 

Do you have the tenant fill out a paper application first and then if that passes, have them go to Cozy to fill out the application there and pay for the checks?

Do you just tell everyone to go to Cozy and fill out the application, but not to pay for checks until you tell them to? 

Or do you just tell everyone to go to cozy and fill everything out, pay the fee and you'll get back to the one you choose? 

My problem with the 3rd (and easiest for the landlord) method is that could end up being quite a few people who don't have a chance of qualifying that end up paying a non-refundable background check etc fee. 

So if you use Cozy.co or a similar platform please let me know how you actually proceed with applicants that you do showings for. 

Thank you, 

Cheers! 

Loading replies...